Everyone knows the Las Vegas Strip – high stakes gambling, live shows, bright lights, shopping, and fine dining. But how about exploring some lesser known Las Vegas attractions? We have compiled some of our favorite Las Vegas “Gems” for you. So whether you are a tourist, new resident or native Las Vegan, be sure to check out these incredible places and events!
1. Life Is Beautiful Music Festival The Life Is Beautiful Festival is a music, culinary, art, and learning festival located in Downtown Las Vegas. Created in 2013, this festival is known on a national and international level. People from all over the world attend to enjoy music from artists such as Kanye West, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Foo Fighters, Stevie Wonder, The Weekend, Skrillex and many more! The festival is usually one weekend in October, Friday through Sunday. However, this year the festivities begin on September 23rd. Visit www.lifeisbeautiful.com for more information.
2. Downtown Summerlin This outdoor entertainment, restaurant, and fashion district was developed in 2014 by the Howard Hughes Corporation. Enjoy some of the best retail shops in the city with Macy’s, Dillard’s, Gap, Express, Apple, Banana Republic and Nordstrom’s Rack at your fingertips. Hungry? Relish the savory flavors from Wolfgang Puck, Fogo De Chao, Public School 702, Shake Shack, Grape Street Café and many more! Experience the Luxurious Regal at Downtown Summerlin Movie Theatre. A movie theatre designed for you to feel right at home. These theatres are fully equipped with undeniably comfortable reclining chairs complete with eating and drinking trays. That’s right, you can order food and beverages (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic) to enjoy during your movie! Oh, and don’t for get to pick up your groceries at the brand new Trader Joes. This state of the art shopping center is located conveniently off I-215 and Sahara Ave.
3. East Fremont Entertainment Everyone knows about the famous Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas. The lights, street performers, food, oversized drinks, and vintage hotels. But what about the newly renovated East Fremont? Just East of Las Vegas Blvd boasts entertainment most visitors to Las Vegas and new residents have not heard about. From dive bars, to cocktail bars, to restaurants, East Fremont is truly a “Las Vegas Gem.” Geared for the 21 and over, this nightlife quarter offers anything from a quiet conversation to rooftop dancing. With live music weekly, it’s easy to make it a weekly occurrence. If you ever find yourself in Downtown Las Vegas, be sure to check out the likes of The Griffin, Commonwealth, Park on Fremont, Inspire, and Container Park. Be sure to confirm times of operation as some of these establishments are nightlife specific.
4. Velveteen Rabbit Who doesn’t enjoy a tasty beverage? It’s hard to find a good cocktail bar without running into the madness that is The Las Vegas Strip. Well look no further! The Velveteen Rabbit is a craft cocktail and beer bar located in the heart of the Arts District. Owned and operated by two sisters, Pamela and Christina Dylag who have created a local hangout expressing a vintage boutique atmosphere exposing local art and live music. Their ever changing cocktail menu, serene outdoor patio, and friendly staff will keep you coming back.
5. Red Rock Canyon Located just 15 miles west of Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is one of Las Vegas’s most prized outdoor attractions. The incredible mountains, views, and wildlife make this a must see for tourists and local outdoor enthusiasts. Hiking, camping, biking, horseback riding, and rock climbing are all permitted and encouraged in specified areas. A visit to Red Rock Canyon will truly make you feel removed from city life. For more information, visit www.redrockcanyonlv.org
6. Springs Preserve Located right off the I-95 and Valley View, the Springs Preserve is the perfect outing for the whole family. Explore Las Vegas’s exciting history through interactive science and nature exhibits, a botanical garden, hiking trails, and live animal shows. Plan a wedding among the beauty of nature, take advantage of weekly classes, or enjoy happy hour at the Divine Café. With weekly and monthly events, the Springs Preserve is never short of entertainment. For hours and information, visit www.springspreserve.org
7. Mt. Charleston & Lee Canyon Want to get away from the hustle & bustle of city life? Mt. Charleston is just over 30 minutes from Las Vegas. This outdoor retreat is perfect for family, romantic, or quick getaways. Plan a stay at the Mt. Charleston Resort Hotel, take an incredible hike, go camping, or have a picnic among beautiful mountain landscapes. Mary Jane Falls is one of the most popular scenic trails for locals and tourists to enjoy. Love to Ski or Snowboard? Lee Canyon Ski & Snowboard Resort welcome all skill levels! And after a nice ride, enjoy some hot cocoa or a tasty meal at the Lee Canyon Lodge. Visit www.gomtcharleston.com or www.leecanyonlv.com for hours and information.
8. Lake Mead Just 30 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip is Lake Mead National Recreation Area. This man made lake was created by the Hoover Dam along the Colorado River in 1934 and established as a recreational area in 1964. Lake Mead offers recreation and leisure activities year round. Kayaking, boating, hiking, camping, picnics, RVing, jet skiing, swimming, and paddle boating are all welcome. Lake Mead is the perfect escape! Hours of operation are from 9AM – 4:30PM, 7 days a week.
9. Motley Brews This team of event professionals and craft beer enthusiasts have put together Nevada’s largest craft beer festival. Held in Downtown Las Vegas, the Great Vegas Festival of Beer boasts over 400 beers from 100+ craft breweries and menus from over 15 local chefs and restaurants. Motley Brews is also a big supporter of local charities and collaborates in the growth of local businesses and breweries. Events are held in the Spring and Fall. Check out www.motleybrews.com for more information.
10. Secret Pizza We will let you in on a little secret. There is an incredible pizza joint hidden inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel. You won’t find any signs or directions leading to the restaurant, but what you will find is a hallway filled with celebrity photos on the 3rd floor next to Chandelier Bar. Follow that delicious aroma until you enter a small pizza establishment. No room for sitting or time for dining.? Just grab a piece or 3 and get on your way. More than likely others will be waiting impatiently for a slice of heaven.
We hope you found this information helpful and please share with us your favorite Las Vegas Gems! If you ever need recommendations, have real estate questions, or need a vendor referral, we are always here to help!